Essential Update Price

Welcome to the forum, Jesper. We are trying to encourage users running Dorico 3.5 and earlier to move up to Dorico 5 because we are planning to discontinue the eLicenser service early next year. Once the eLicenser service has been shut down, it will no longer be possible for these customers to update their licenses (as the update process requires the eLicenser servers to be available).

We have done our best to target only these users with this promotion, and are not publicising it beyond the emails we have sent to them. I’d be interested to know if you received an email about it, but have Dorico 4, as we would ideally not have contacted you.

We have already offered the Dorico 5 update from Dorico 4 at a discount over the Christmas/New Year period, and although I cannot share any actual dates at the moment, I am sure that there will be an opportunity to buy an update at a discounted price later in the year. But Dorico 4 users are already using Steinberg Licensing, so there is less urgency for you to update: your update does not depend on the eLicenser service being available.

For more information about the eLicenser shutdown, see here:

3 Likes