Eucon 2019.5 Update

I’m running EU Control 18.3.0.244 here with an Artist Mix and the Solo button definitely toggles Listen in the Cubase mixer. I’m going to stay on this version until I get the all clear that it’s safe to update. Had some issues with non-EUCON DAWs that I had to work with Avid to get sorted out (short version: whatever needs to run to make the Artist Mix work in HUI or MCU mode wasn’t starting up with Windows as expected and needed to be kicked off manually after each restart - now fixed), and the changes were incorporated into 18.3.0.244 so I’m hesitant to mess with things that work right now.

I’m staying with 18.3 until Avid deals with bugs encountered by Cubase users in v19

Im on S3 with the latest 19.5.1 update, everything is apparently working fine, I’m relieved.
I’ve mentioned the solo/listen issue on a post above, its related to the software, not the firmware. I’ve downgraded from 19.5 to the 18.3 one and the solo button was working on both nuendo 8 and 10.
Somehow, in the process of testing the 19.5.1 update, I’ve managed to make the solo button work again. The S3 has a “mix to monitors” button on the bottom right side, I’ve hitted that button and boom, fixed. Now, I didn’t had much time to recreate the issue, so I couldn’t revert to the original problem, I’ll post something if I can reach a concrete conclusion, searched all the forums and didn’t found any useful thread.
My guess is that it has something to do with the new monitor /control room implementation on Eucon 19.5.
Hope that helps,19.5.1 working fine here.

Thanks for your comments guys! Really appreciated! So all of you are on firmware 1.5.6?
But as you said, it’s mostly a software issue so I might be ok by upgrading, right?

Interesting!.. Artist Mix doesn’t have this “mix to monitors” button (AFAIK), so I won’t be able to test that … Hopefully, Avid and/or Steinberg will come up with a fix for all the things that don’t work properly yet soon.

Cheers!

Hi

So, got the update v2019.5.1 and installed it. Updated the units with the actual firmware as well.
The issue with the long waiting time on the Artist Mix after inserting a new track in Cubase is fixed.
Works now as expected. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers

Found the culprit on the S3, and probably on the artist series.
Its a Bug on the Eucon software related to SIP/AFL/PFL states, Ive stated the issue as a bug because if you go to the “Eucontrol Settings”—" Solo Mode", and toggle between the 3 options, it doesn’t change the " Deactivate All Listen Sates" prompt assigned to the Solo button on the Surface.
What you have to do is:
Go to “Eucontrol Settings”----“General”
Keep toggling the “Solo Mode” options with the “Open windows on Workstation When Exiting” ones, randomly.

The “Deactivate All Listen Sates” option on Cubase/Nuendo and the Control Surfaces, is more guided to Broadcast/live situations.
That PFL mode is more suited for broadcast/live sittuations where you have to make a level check while on air/live.
Hope this helps,

Cheers.

Hi guys,

I’ve just moved from Logic over to Cubase on the PC, and am also having a few Eucon/Artist issues (latest firmware and driver), namely the Artist loses connection when I insert or delete a track, and also strangely when dragging a MIDI region from Spectrasonics RMX! It needs a restart and reconnects after about half a minute.

It worked normally with Logic, and also is fine with my main DAW Pyramix on the same PC. I’m wondering if I’m missing something obvious?

Cheers,
Tom

Make sure you install the fix, I think it’s 2019.51

Ah, thanks! I hadn’t realised there was a .1 update to 19.5 - seems to be working now.

Cheers,
Tom

Hi, last night I was punching around in “Control Room” in Cubase when I somehow flipped the Solo button on my Artist Mix to control the “Listen” button in Cubase 10.0.2.

I tried disabling control room, and the Listen feature goes away, but the Solo button on the Avid Mix does nothing. Once I restart Control Room, the Solo button on the Avid activates “Listen” again. Can’t seem to get the Avid to solo in Cubase anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Joel

Yes the recent Eucon updates from Avid work well, on Protools that is.

Cubase Pro 10.04 was released to day bot NO mention of Eucon fixes and update. It’s been promised for years now and nothing apart from a question in the user survey asking if people want tighter integration with controllers!

FFS Steinberg, we’ve been onto you for years do this as you advertise your products as being compatible and fully supported!

Just do it!

Found the culprit on the S3, and probably on the artist series.
Its a Bug on the Eucon software related to SIP/AFL/PFL states, Ive stated the issue as a bug because if you go to the “Eucontrol Settings”—" Solo Mode", and toggle between the 3 options, it doesn’t change the " Deactivate All Listen Sates" prompt assigned to the Solo button on the Surface.
What you have to do is:
Go to “Eucontrol Settings”----“General”
Keep toggling the “Solo Mode” options with the “Open windows on Workstation When Exiting” ones, randomly.
[/quote]

Oddly this worked for me. I just cycled through the ‘solo mode’ options and when I relaunched Cubase the solo buttons all functioned properly as did the ‘solo clear’ button on the S3.
Thanks Miguelnunes - I would never have tried that

Perhaps I’m missing some details in your point but I don’t see anything here that I’d call a bug. If you select the ‘SOLO IN PLACE’ option, ‘Solo’ buttons control the Solo function and the ‘Solo Clear’ button will deactivate all solos. If you select the ‘AFL’ or ‘PFL’ option, ‘Solo’ buttons control the Listen function and the ‘Solo Clear’ button will deactivate all Listen states. This seems like a nice choice to have.

If you go to the Avid forums there’s a thread where they’re specifically looking for feedback and bugs with Cubase and Logic. They’re working with Stienberg on an update. So if you’re having issues, report it there.