Eucon for Cubase Pro 8.5.15 x64

Can anyone tell me which version of eucon workstation that is compatible with the eucon adapter in 8.5.15?

I am trying to get my Avid System 5 console connected to Cubase Pro 8.5.15 x64

When I go into device settings and click the “+” and select Eucon I get an error that no Eucon software can be found on my PC. When I install avid Eucon workstation and add Eucon from the device settings again I get an error that the version of Eucon software is incompatible with my Eucon adapter.

Eucon works in Pro Tools 12.5 but not in Cubase 8.5.15

I have tried installing different versions of Eucon. Today I installed EuconWS 3.1.2 but when I open Cubase Pro 8.5.15 then go to devices, device setup, click the “+” then select Eucon I get this error.

Incompatible EuCon software version detected.

Installed adapter version: 7.0.3
Installed EuCon Software: 3.1.2

Hi

Using Artist Control + Mix on Win 7, 64Bit and with EuControl v 3.3.2
Works fine :wink:

Cheers

So… it would seem that EuCon WS for the System 5 is not the same as EuControl for the AVID Artist Series Controllers… at least as far as version number goes!

Cubase is looking for a EuControl version number that is more recent than what you have, and I don’t even know if Cubase makes the distinction between EuControl, and EuCon WS!

I think Cubase may just see that 3.1.2 version number, which isn’t 3.3.2, and then just shuts you down!

Al