Eucon Related Crash

This happened once when I was adding an audio track and once when I started exporting a track. I suspect it is a EUCON related crash, since I just recently purchased an Avid Artist Control and installed Eucontrol. A previous disgruntled Eucon user, I am well aware that Eucon has issues.

Also worth noting, this is a violent crash with non-stop windows alert sounds. Cubase doesn’t register as unresponsive inside Task Manager, but will eventually crash with clicking or “End Task”

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 7.5\Cubase7.5.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Cubase7.5.exe
Application Version: 7.5.10.152
Application Timestamp: 52d741dd
Fault Module Name: MSVCR90.dll
Fault Module Version: 9.0.30729.6161
Fault Module Timestamp: 4dace4e7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000003bd66
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ed51
Additional Information 2: ed51e3785f1f06f44e746307515d68f3
Additional Information 3: fbef
Additional Information 4: fbef9f1e4b2218f640c21bc2845d8445

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 7210137

This crash happened again on the same project. I loaded the project, added a stereo audio track, crash.

Hi

Well, working with an AVID Artist Control as well, have loaded the newest update, Version 3.1.2, updated the firmware (is within the update file…!) and are stable working since three days now.

Indeed, each time I exit Cubase, a fault message … Cubase is no more working…??? appears.
But this has no other consequences, just start Cubase again.

Have programmed “add audio track” as well on the touchscreen, use it regularly without problems.

Sorry, no help for your problem. :cry:

Cheers

Hi… I cannot repro this issue either. I just added several stereo audio tracks, mono audio tracks and also used the ‘count’ feature to add multiple stereo audio tracks at once. They all worked as expected. I agree with ALLSTUDIOS - try updating to 3.1.2 and ensure drivers are up to date. That being said, I don’t think this is a Eucon issue but to confirm, try uninstalling Eucon completely and see if it resolves the problem.

Have a similar issue with a Nuendo 6 and Artist control. Adding a Mono Track that would be routed automaticaly to a 5.1 Bus (as is the Main Out Bus) makes the crash. If Main Bus is stereo all goes well.
With Artist Control off adding this tracks workes well.

Oswald

Happened again. I’ve been using the latest Eucon version. I have a crash dump now. https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1uf247wuAPTbzA4S3hhZDV0S0E&usp=sharing