Euphonix MC Mix / AVID Artist Mix Cubase 8.5 OSX compatibili

Hi,

Will the Euphonix MC Mix / AVID Artist Mix work with Cubase 8.5 on OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.11 El Capitan and 10.12 Sierra?
Which drivers do I have to install etc?

Thank you

It works fine with Yosemite and El Capitan (note that Avid has discontinued the old Euphonix MC Mix). Avid has not yet approved it with Sierra, but they will.

There is one small problem though:

But that has more to do with Steinberg than the operating system.

When you’ve bought the AVID Artist Mix, you need to create an account on the Avid site. You will then be able to download the latest driver. The latest version being 3.4. The Cubase side of things is installed when you install Cubase.

Keep an eye on this, macOS 10.12 (Sierra) support information for Media Composer, Pro Tools, Sibelius, EUCON, ISIS and Avid NEXIS , for information about Sierra compatibility.

Thanks for your reply mate.
about the “discontinued” message. I can still download the AVID drivers right?

I believe so. As far as I understand, they use the same drivers (since they are, essentially, the same product), but you’ll need an Avid account. I’m not sure if you can make an account for a discontinued product (the Euphonix version). I recommend that you contact Avid before purchase, just to be on the safe side.

If you buy an Avid branded version, there should be no problems.