even distribution of staves across 2 pages?

“Big 5” as in Setup, Write, etc, etc?

Key command: pianoleo had written “Cmd/Ctrl-Shift-L”, but it does not work for me, in any mode. . . Is that the key command to which you’ve referred?

The main 5 options dialogs as described here. That key command is differentiated for mac/windows (as indeed Ctrl/Cmd and Alt/Opt are throughout the manual). If you’re on Mac, press Cmd-Shift-L. On Windows, press Ctrl-Shift-L.

If you’ve not read that beginning “concepts” chapter, I’d recommend it. It’s designed to cover some key philosophical concepts for new users.

Thanks, Lillie.
For some reason, Ctrl-Shift-L does not work, in any mode, for me. I am on Windows, and I do see that key command listed for Layout Options, but – even after rebooting – it still doesn’t work.

Almost certainly your system has reserved that key combination for something else. Perhaps a graphics driver issue?

1 Like

Thanks, Dankreider – that would make sense.
Does Windows 7 have a list of system key commands?

Hmmm. . . an online list for windows 7 does show a use for ctrl+shift+L, but it is to "change the bullet style in WordPad – an app I never use.

Check your graphics drivers instead. It can be difficult to track down. What graphics card are you using?

Looks like I’m using an AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series. . .

oops, I was mistaken: it is apparently this:
Saphhire 21197-00-40G/11197-11-40G, AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5/925 Mhz clock, 5500 MHz memory/PCI-Express 3.0, DVI, Mini Display Port, HDMI

I can’t say for sure, but I’ve seen this come up about a half-dozen times on the forum, and it was generally something with the graphics card. Is there control software for this card?

1 Like

I’m trying to find it. . .

On my system, there were lots of Radeon hotkeys that messed up Dorico. You can turn them all off using the Radeon software.

Stew

1 Like

Thanks, Stew! Do you happen to know where one finds the Radeon software on Windows 7?

later: found the software, now need to find the hotkeys. . .

I’m on Win 10. I can access the Radeon software either from the Start Menu (“AMD Radeon Software”) or from an icon on my taskbar. I suspect Win 7 is similar. Once you’ve found the software, you need to go to settings (it’s a gear icon) and then find the Hotkey tab.

Stew

Found the culprit:

[later]
In case this can be of help to someone else some time:

This link: Cannot Unlink Linkset using ctrl-shift-l keyboard shortcut - AMD Radeon : Linden Lab gave both the explanation (thanks, @dan_kreider and @sspharis ) and the solution: enter “delete” as the hotkey to replace the ctrl-shift-L in the Radeon card’s software.

Ctrl-shift-L now works as it should. :smiley: