Event handles not working in Cubase 12

I recently upgraded to Cubase 12. Most things working fine. In new audio tracks recorded in Cubase 12, the audio event handles on the left and right side of the audio file should create a fade in or out. They are not affecting the volume at all in tracks I have recorded. The overall volume handle at the top also does not work–except that if pulled all the way down, the track will mute (so it’s either on or off).
I can open an old Cubase 11 project in Cubase 12, and those work fine. Anyone else experience this?
Windows 10 Enterprise
Intel(R) Xeon(R) Silver 4214 CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.19 GHz (2 processors)
96GB Ram
Steinberg UR44C audio interface

Actually that sounds like your Audio Event(s) got converted to Audio Parts.

Select it and see if Audio>Dissolve Parts is greyed out. If not use the command.

No, that’s not it. The handles are there whether it’s an audio event or part, but moving them does not change the volume. I see the wave form change–but I still hear the unchanged audio.
Selecting fade in from the audio menu produces the same result.
Crossfades seem to be working though…

A screen capture or two might be useful at this point.

Perhaps the sound you are hearing is from a different source - for example a duplicated, hidden Track.

Still not sure why this was happening, but I’ve found a way to fix it.
The audio tracks were part of a standard template I always use. When I created a new audio track in Cubase 12 and dragged the audio there, it functioned correctly.