Events moving when duplicating part

when i drag a midi/audio part to make a duplicate part, all the events move off grid … out of time …
quantise even requires several hits to move events to quantise setting …

ccubase 12
windows 10

Hi,

You can constrain direction by using the Ctrl/CMD modifier.

Hi thanks, i had a similar problem before, and it seemed to be resolved by renaming multiple versions of cubase folders:

• Close all programs.
  • Open the ‘Run’ command prompt and press the Windows logo key + R simultaneously.
  • In the command line of the ‘Run’ window, enter this path: %appdata%/Steinberg
  • Locate the folder which is named the same as your Steinberg program, for example 'Cubase 12_64’.
  • Rename it (for example to "x_Cubase 12_64”) in order to hide it.
  • Important: If you find folders of previous program versions, make sure to hide or remove them too.

but now it seems quite random , some parts will duplicate ok , others seem to move notes off the beat…

Hi,

What @ROBERT_BROWN1 wrote, it means to trash Cubase preferences. Set them to the factory settings. So you will lose all your custom settings (like the Key Commands, the colors…). But sometimes it’s worth to do.

I think this is the tempo track being switched on when parts are dragged - Ive had the same problem - switch it off and set the tempo manually - not sure if that’s the appropriate terminology