every same note gets an accidental in a bar...

In a single bar, every same note gets an accidental even though the Accidental duration rule is set to common practice. How can I fix this?

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 16.38.44.png

Those are cautionary accidentals… so look at those setiings

I was able to hide them by turning on Hide Accidental in the Inspector for those notes, but shouldn’t this be taken care of when choosing the Common Practice setting as the Accidental Duration rule in the Notation Options?

As fratnevo pointed out - these are cautionary accidentals, displayed because there’s a another note in the same pitch class in the same bar. For example, the first bar has both F-naturals in the LH and F#'s in the RH, so each one is stated. Take a look at the ‘cautionary accidentals’ settings in the notation options and that should fix it.

Not all the accidentals are repeated, as I’m sure you noticed, only the ones where there are both natural and sharp on the same note in different octaves, as Fratveno has said. I can imagine that might be covered by a separate rule.

As fratveno points out, these are cautionary accidentals - they are there, because you have F and F# in the same bar, but in different octaves. There are settings to turn them off in Notation Options, too.

Edit: Sorry, I didn’t see that this had already been suggested.

You are probably right that these cases don’t fall completely into the Cautionary category as such, but I think the Modernist option for acc. duration may be closer to what you want (?)

Yes, the Modernist notation did the trick, Changing the Cautionary Category didn’t work. I can alway place a Cautionary accidental manually using the Inspector where I see fit.