Everything displayed twice as big: C8.5 -> C9

Hi,

I just installed Cubase 9 a few days ago, but the difference in the size of objects displayed on my monitor is presenting a usability issue. I use a 40" display at 1920 x 1080 running on Windows 10. Cubase 8.5 displays without an issue, but Cubase does not. In fact, every object in Cubase 9 displays at approximately twice the size. This applies to the startup screem=n, to the Hub, which I had to turn off because the CANCEL button is displayed below the window and can’t be scrolled, to tracks, mixconsole, transport, and so on.

Now I know that Cubase doesn’t scale and Windows 10 is primitive in this regard, but why twice as big? Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi,

There is no change in this area from C8.5 to C9, as far as I know. It should behaves the same.

Make sure your monitor resolution didn’t change.

Thanks for replying. According to Windows and the NVIDIA control panel, the monitor hasn’t changed resolution. Also, C8.5 displays at the correct size – I am running both at this point.

I am at a loss to explain it.

Jeff

Sorry, I’m not Windows expert… Isn’t there any (hidden) settings, where you can set a different view for different applications in Windows?

In the compatibility tab you set some resolution settings.
Right click the Cubase.exe and turn off any comparability settings.

Peakae beat me to it.

Go to your programs/Steinberg/Cubase9/Cubase9exe and right click on that executable file.
Click the “compatibility” tab at the top and look under “settings”.
My guess is to pay attention to “Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution” or “Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

I fixed the problem. as was suggested, by getting the exe file and under Compatibility, checking Disable Hi Resolution Scaling mode. That did the trick. Everything back to normal — except for all the new stuff in C9.

Jeff

Good to hear.