Exactly Which Halion Content comes with Dorico?

Sorry if I’ve missed this information posted somewhere already, but I’d like to know exactly which Halion content comes with the current version of Dorico.

Since have Cubase Pro 9, Halion 6/Sonic 3, Groove Agent 4, and more installed on my system it can get confusing as to what content comes with a given Stienberg App.

I’m asking because I plan to share some intros, tips, tricks, and examples for getting better solo string sounds out of Dorico. Knowing what packs all Dorico users will have just might expand options quite a bit.

Here’s what is showing as SE compatible content on my particular rig when I look at it in H6. Please just copy/paste and omit any packs that don’t come with a Dorico Installation. This way I can be careful not to demonstrate with presets and programs that all Dorico users don’t have at hand.

HS SE Basic
HS SE Artist
HS SE Hybrid
HS SE Pro
HSO

I’d also be interested (though much lower priority) to know about Steinberg VST plugins that come with Dorico. Is it everything that comes with Cubase 9 Pro? I get access to quite a few Steinberg Plugins, but it’s not clear if ALL of them come with Dorico, or if having Cubase installed adds a bunch of extras to the list.

Thanks,
Brian

All of them except the HS SE Hybrid.

Dorico (actually the audio engine) comes with an own plug-in-set. It’s basically the plug-in-set of Cubase LE plus REVerence. And the list of plugs is:
MonoDelay
PingPongDelay
AmpSimulator
Distortion
Tape Saturation
Tube Saturation
Compressor
Standard Compressor
DeEsser
EnvelopeShaper
Gate
Noise Gate
Limiter
Standard Limiter
Brickwall Limiter
Maximizer
Maximizer
VintageCompressor Controller
Tube Compressor
VSTDynamics
DualFilter
DJ-Eq
ToneBooster
WahWah
MorphFilter
Input Filter
EQ
UV22HR
AutoPan
Chorus
Flanger
Phaser
Rotary
Tremolo
Vibrato
Octaver
Pitch Correct
REVerence
RoomWorks SE
MonoToStereo
StereoEnhancer

You might wonder what a classical composer is supposed to do with distortion or amp simulation effects. Well, it was easier for us to just take the Cubase LE set and add REVerence. So even if you might never use some of the plugs, now you have them, it doesn’t hurt.

Thanks much for the lists.

And in my opinion subtle use of distortion in the right places can indeed come in handy with any type of music so it’s good to have. And for jazz, school music, theatrical orchestra, game engine scoring, etc…yes, it’s great to have the virtual amps too :slight_smile:

For exactly that reason. We wanted to cover a broad user base. But as I said, some people will really wonder: Why is that in, what am I supposed to do with that? But different people, different needs…