Example of 360 Video with VR Sound that moves with the image

Just saw an example of VR audio that moves when you shift the vantage point or POV in 360 video. Pretty sure the technology was a plugin developed by the Oculus Rift people for Facebook. It can be seen here on this linked page on the Recode news site.

http://www.recode.net/2017/1/13/14259042/obama-oculus-virtual-reality-white-house-potus-facebook

The only scenes that have the moving VR sound are when you see either President Obama or Michelle Obama in the scene. Too bad the audio didn’t receive proper EQ & compression but the important thing to point out here is the use of sound that moves when the viewer moves to a different point of view.

Hoping Steinberg and the Nuendo team is successfully working away on this as they suggested a few months back.

Hmm…

I must be missing something… Is this to be viewed on VR headsets only…? I had no ‘movement of audio’ as I clicked and dragged the image in my browser (MS Edge)… Does the browser need a special plugin perhaps…?

However, while we’re on it - this looks really interesting (for 3D audio):-

I didn’t browser test it beyond using Chrome. It works in Firefox as well. The President Obama portion with the 360 immersive audio begins at the 2:02 minute mark for those who are going to watch it.

However, while we’re on it - > this > looks really interesting (for 3D audio):-
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/flux-announces-ircam-spat-revolution---3d-audio-software-tool-36026

Whoa! That is a stand up and notice piece of software. Looks like IRCAM still has the right stuff. The price is making me twitch a bit.

Pretty bog standard at this point…but would be nice if Nuendo offered some relevant 360/VR/AR tools in the next version… :question:

Nick Batt from Sonicstate.com did a pretty interesting interview including a high level walkthrough Flux’s IRCAM Spat 3D that is coming out in a couple of months. They go over the workflow and how it integrates with your DAW. It can spatialize in 3D from Stereo through to 22.2 sound and custom speaker installations. It is aimed at ALL markets that use immersive 3D audio from game developers, to theatre sound, to immersive 360 VR video and more.