Example Plug-ins Not Loading

Hi,

After building the SDK and installing the example plug-ins Presonus Studio One 3 only loads the adelay and mda plug-ins. All the others are blacklisted (see attached).

This is my environment:
Mac 10.12.6
XCode 9,2
VST SDK 3.6.8
Presonus Studio One 3 3.5.5

How do I fix this?

Cheers,

Chris

Further to this problem, VST3PluginTestHost has the same problem as Studio One 3 - it’s only loading the adelay and mda plug-ins.

Any ideas?

Hi Chris

FWIW: I am not having this problem.

The SDK sample projects build and load correctly in S1/MacOS, both Debug and Release versions. They also load properly in Reaper.

I did not modify the source code or the SDK in any way, other than running the “copy_vst2_to_vst3” script to install the VST2 SDK stuff.

These are all 64-bit plugins and hosts.

My environment is:

MacOS 10.12.6
XCode 8.3.3
VST SDK 3.6.8
Presonus Studio One 3 3.5.5.45892 Professional (the latest release)
Reaper v5.62/64

• Will

I’ve tried rebuilding the SDK but the problem still exists.

Would it be possible for an OS X developer to email me (send me a PM) the again plug-ins. At least then I can see whether the problem is with my setup.

Cheers!

Will kindly sent me a couple of plug-ins to test and they work fine.

Just wondering if anything in the build output for the SDK looks suspicious:

New-MacBook:build chris$ cmake -G"Xcode" “…/VST3_SDK”
– The C compiler identification is AppleClang 9.0.0.9000039
– The CXX compiler identification is AppleClang 9.0.0.9000039
– Check for working C compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang
– Check for working C compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang – works
– Detecting C compiler ABI info
– Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
– Detecting C compile features
– Detecting C compile features - done
– Check for working CXX compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++
– Check for working CXX compiler: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ – works
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
– Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done
– Detecting CXX compile features
– Detecting CXX compile features - done
– SMTG_COREAUDIO_SDK_PATH is not set. If you need it, please download the COREAUDIO SDK!
– SMTG_AAX_SDK_PATH is not set. If you need it, please download the AAX SDK!

• To enable building the AudioUnit wrapper, you need to use the Xcode generator and set SMTG_COREAUDIO_SDK_PATH to the path of your installation of the CoreAudio SDK!
  • To enable building the InterAppAudio NoteExpressionSynth example for iOS you need to set the IOS_DEVELOPMENT_TEAM and use the Xcode generator
    – Found EXPAT: /usr/lib/libexpat.dylib (found version “2.2.1”)
    – Configuring done
    – Generating done
    – Build files have been written to: /Users/chris/Desktop/Audio Programming/Audio Plugin Development/VST/Current/VST_SDK/build

I think the problem lies with the VST_GUI library as the the plug-in without a GUI loads properly.

Does anything in the build output look suspicious?

Cheers,

Chris