Excess MIDI data

Hi there, so I am pulling a .mid track from an old video game and trying to re-orchestrate it. For the most part, I have been able to navigate this with smooth sailing but recently I have come across a hiccup. I have attached the file for diagnostics.

Basically, at m.32 of the Battle Music 1 Flow, something in the midi data triggers the strings to turn off (except for Violin I). Is there any way to disable that? I’m not sure where to look for this sort of thing. Thanks in advance!

at m. 32 of Battle Music 1
Legend of The Dragoon Suite.dorico (2.7 MB)

Go to the MIDI editor and check CC7, it’s set all the way down, you just have to draw in some automation with the pencil or the line tool.

Thank you! I think this comes from these MIDI tracks that I am using. Does anyone know if there is a way to clear all of the that CC information so I can just work with the pitches and rhythms?

I don’t know if there’s an “erase all envelope/automation data” command, but I selected and deleted all CC messages, which also seemed to reset things (intead of drawing in some more automation)

There are indeed commands to remove all MIDI CC data, found in the Play > Automation submenu.

2 Likes