Exchanging presets. Problem!

Hi! There is a situation. Im using 2 DAWs.

1. Windows 7 and Cubase 5.5
  2. MAC OS 10.6.7 and Cubase 6.0.2

Im trying to exchange plugins|instruments presets Virus Ti VSTi in example. Just copying my preset “preset.vstpriset” from my Windows DAW (c:\users\username\appdata\roaming\VST3 Presets\Access Music Electronics GmbH\Virus Ti\preset.vstpreset) and copy it to MAC DAW (Users\username\Library\Audio\Presets\Access Music Electronics GmbH\Virus Ti\preset.vstpreset)

Now Im opening Cubase on MAC and loading project. Then Im opening Virus VSTi and trying to load my preset. In the presets list I cant see it, BUT if I have Media Bay opened - I can see it in Media Bay. Ok, Im trying to rescan my disks and loading Virus Ti again with hope to see my preset - the same. Media Bay can see it, Virus Ti cant. Does anybody have any solution? :confused:

I had a funny one like this recently with Mix6To2 presets - I could see them in the MB but not in the preset list. The advice I got was that, for some reason, preset folder names are case-sensitive and the Mix6**To2 was getting installed as Mix6t**o2. Changed it and that solved the problem. Maybe that will work here too.

Here’s the original thread: [solved] Mix6to2: can't save/load/see presets - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Thanks for advice. Its not working for me. One more issue. If I try to SAVE preset I can see the all of my lost presets in presets list, but if I click LOAD - list is empty! Definitely it`s a bug! :astonished:

Speaking of case sensitivty…

XML is an industry standard and was designed to be case INsensitive, and all XML engines must adhere to this in order to be compliant. XML is also quickly becoming a standard for various storage formats, because of the consistent nature and easy handling of the it (if used everywhere, lol).

Unfortunately, everyone is not a software developer (and even then… lol) and is therefore unaware of such minor but fairly important details.

Furthermore, even existing systems (e.g. file systems) sometimes do not correctly use such strict methods when creating, reading and writing to/from named resources (e.g. folders and files), which sometimes cause applications to fail.

So, please keep in mind when you create folders and files, to use the same letter casing from one machine to the next) for names. This does not just pertain to Cubase of course, but for an entire system.

Anyways, I just thought I’d push the keys for a bit about it. :slight_smile: