In the process of editing a concert recording, I had been planning on the following workflow:
- Do all “housekeeping” edits (normalization, panorama) on the original audio file
- Set and name CD title markers in the audio file
- Put exclusion markers in the empty sections between tracks/movements
- Create an audio montage from the file using the CD markers
- Do the editing/mixing/rendering from Audio montage
This all worked very nicely with the exception of the exclusion markers. It would have been nice if those had actually been excluded from the montage so the only thing I’d still have to do would be tweaking the overlaps between tracks. But the markers are ignored. Could this be an option?
P.S.: I briefly toyed with the idea of creating CD track markers with gaps between them in hopes of achieving the desired result. However, when I try to set a “CD Track End” marker in the middle of a file, a “CD track end/start” double marker is automatically created instead…