Expect new features

I think it’s really necessary to update Android with some new features, new in-app purchases. Otherwise, seriously, when it comes to every update, I’m sure those who use the Android client will be disappointed.

1 Like

Yes. :slight_smile: I sold my SX1 a long time ago with everything. I didn’t have time or space for it. Now I would gladly use the free Steinberg vsts of the time, I would even pay for them. With up to 1 init. Now I’m sending the money to Roland, trying to make up for Cubasis’ electronic music deficiencies. Where 1 year costs as much as a desktop daw. instead of paying the steinberg. :slight_smile:

Editorializing here:

What you really need is Android support for the Auv3 plug-in format we have access to on IOS. This opens Cubasis (and of course any other Auv3-capable host) to a huge variety of excellent plug-ins.

I leverage plug-ins from DDMF, FabFilter and Toneboosters in my Cubasis mixing template. They are reportedly full ports of these products into the Auv3 format. They sound amazing and have excellent UI’s. What’s even more incredible is that the IOS versions cost a fraction of what the Mac and Windows VST’s cost.

Hi @dovjgoldman,

Thanks for your message.

What you really need is Android support for the Auv3 plug-in format we have access to on IOS. This opens Cubasis (and of course any other Auv3-capable host) to a huge variety of excellent plug-ins.

Android does not offer the use of 3rd party plug-ins, as it is the case with Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and/or Audiobus support on iOS.

We strongly suggest to let Google know that you want to see a similar option on Android, making them aware about the demand.

Best,
Lars

@LSlowak thanks for your reply.

I am an IOS user, for this and many other reasons. I am suggesting this to our fellow Cubasis users on the Android platform.

The problem is that Cubasis has no Plug-In Delay Compensation. That is, we can really buy a lot of great plug-ins on iOS, but they introduce a delay that is not compensated by the host and each track actually shifts on the timeline. Moreover, if you add several plug-ins, their delays are summed up. Interestingly, Steinberg does not warn about this and users usually notice this problem themselves at some point.

I see 3 options how to deal with this:

1. Do not use plug-ins. :face_with_peeking_eye:
  2. Do not pay attention to the fact that the instruments sound out of sync with the rhythm of the track. :see_no_evil:
  3. Freeze tracks and manually move them on the timeline. :muscle:

I wonder which of these options Steinberg offers us to choose. :thinking: :smile:

Google will never allow third party apps in my opinion. Not only at Steinberg, it doesn’t work anywhere else either. The question is whether, for example, this is the case with the galaxy store. I think there are drastically few Android developers, it is not worth developing them separately, but there are also few CB3s, so the number will not increase. Switching devices is better money, or only CB3 should run on it, too bad, and if the plugins don’t work well on iOS, it’s not sure anyway, so I thought the old steinberg vsts might still work. Let’s say a first padshop, of course for both platforms. So the CB3 is really for recording ideas and primarily supports instrumental music, since in the case of electronic music we don’t record ideas anymore, :slight_smile: but the point is what happens before the sound and especially I’ll try the exact automation with dex.