Expected Release date for 7.03

In my many years on these boards I have found Steiny does listen and is quite aware of what goes on here.
They are not perfect but what is?

Mauri.

Well… it means I’m not “people” :slight_smile:
I want SB to meet my demands. I want them to fulfill my wishes. I don’t need to know I had been heard, if I don’t get the stuff I want.

I differ. I think their work is developing Cubase and making sure that it makes money for them. Assuming I update every time it costs about 8 USD a month, that is a good deal for what you get, so I have no objection.

I imagine they have a years long plan that with elements of engineering and business, and they do take suggestions, so they are not tyrannical.

The product works, and you can use older versions while you wait for this one to mature.

Ironically it’s because they set the bar so high that we get our panties all up in a bunch.

Then they shouldn’t set the bar so high to start then.There is something to be said about being ground breaking but another thing to release something that wasn’t even tested properly ,im glad i stayed away from cubase 4 and i wish i hadn’t caught the upgrade bug and stayed on 5 for the transparency ,look at the way c5 transformed over time ,I think that was the best update ever and then c6 ,well ok i didn’t mind paying for a c6.5 update but now we have c7 … a mess for me gui wise !
Someone on this forum ask the question " is c7 going to be the vista for steinberg " and i think he was probably right ,the one that goes down in history for never being quite right !

thats my two pennies worth

Just to chime in…

I can live with some of the issues here and there at Cubase 7.0.2 present state. I know that the most critical of them will be fixed someday.

What I don’t get is why they removed useful features (i.e., among others, the disappearance of the preferences ‘Work area’ page and the ‘General’ one reduced to a minimal state) and imposed us something like the ‘masked’ project cursor. Why taking time and resources to remove/change things that were perfectly working, useful, and never an object of complaints ?

About the forum, I don’t think that quickly burrying issue reports and topics about the UI regressions in the ‘Miscellaneous’ subforum is the best way to interact with users.

And about C7.0.3, I’m in no rush. I keep on using 5.1/6.5 and am getting slowly used to the idea of never using C7 and its new features regularly, hoping that the previous Cubase versions will stay compatible with the next Windows ones as long as possible.

Haha…Damn straight!
In normal circumstances that engineer would be out of bussiness before he could say “underpants”…

Why release the software before it’s even finished? I would have been expertly happy to use a WORKING 6.5 and wait another 6 months for a flawless release, instead of having to roll back an annoyingly amount of wasted time of software installation as well as all projects that now can’t be reverted to an older platform… think about it.

SB doesn’t have to worry about being the engineer saying “Underpants” before he goes out of bussiness and they know it… and i hate it beeing a sucker for new stuff “buying before trying” just reading about all the fancy stuff that’s going to be so much better.

My workflow is screwed in CB 7.xx… SB Screwed the workflow for the CMC’s working with CB7.xx so i really want the timeline for 7.0.3…

+1
Well stated!

As an observer, I see the silence from Apple driving many Logic users crazy… Not knowing what?, when?, or if…?

Telegram? Vintage cool :sunglasses:

Looking at the big picture it is all relative. Compared to the competition I think Cubase is the best for what works with me. But…when you compare C6 vs. C7 and the lost functions, lost workflow, new bugs, it’s like taking a half step back that will take several months before maybe taking a step forward…and then C9 another step back… :mrgreen:

I have been on this forum since VST32 days. (pre CubaseSX days.) While Steinberg has cleaned up this forum over the years they have always distanced themselves somewhat. I remember a confirmed bug in the drum editor with over a hundred posts (a few of them were wasted by Conman who couldn’t comprehend the issue) that took months before a moderator would even acknowledge the issue. IMO if it’s really important, its much better to seek direct technical support.

In contrast, the Steinberg Wavelab forum is moderated by the creator of Wavelab, PG, who gives excellent and quick support! This is just one reason why I value Wavelab so much. While Wavelab sales is just a small fraction compared to Cubase sales, it’s too bad Steinberg refuses to create a similar environment with Cubase. Personally it would add much more value to Cubase. I might even become a fanboy!

If Cubase were a farm that produced money, yes, that would be the case, but money comes from people.

People didn’t buy Cubase 7 to beta test it, so your “use old versions and wait for it to mature” excuse is unwarranted.

Wait. There are farms that produce money?

But seriously, as frustrating as it might be, it gets pointed out at every new release that unless one has the constitution to be an early adopter one should wait for the demo so they don’t feel ripped off.

Also, they did offer users a refund. Cubase 7.0.2 / Cubase Artist 7.0.2 announcement - #78 by Helge_Vogt - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

If I had some really important work in progress I would’nt rely on the latest version. We should all know better…

I would be checking out the latest and greatest in another environment before any serious work.

I don’t do any ‘serious’ work so I can take chances, within reason, and so tend to upgrade early. And in this particular case I still have Cubase 6 in working order.

Mauri.

Ive found downloading the complete install from the Steiny download page and installing that as a reinstall took care of A LOT of GUI problems… like all of them that i had. its a big DL i grant you this but well worth it in my case anyway as i went from 6 > 6.5 > 7 > 7.0.2 all via updates. reckon some info got lost in that path…

EZ

Jaymo

I certainly agree with your points.

Not sayin’ that we should accept an upgrade that’s not yet ready for prime time, but the conventional wisdom is to keep using the most stable (previous) version of an app while exploring all of the goodies in the latest release.

Hope the next revision or two will bring C7 to that optimal level of performance. :mrgreen:

But Itf3’s comments about SB’s close connection to it’s user base rings very true. The realization is that it’s not a given for every piece of hardware or software that we purchase.

Considering nearly 10 million people pay $15 a month to play one video game, yes I agree it’s a good deal.

I also agree with what I also think is their work, which is to create products that will interest people in spending money on them. (This is what the current capitalist market is about.) Customers, like us, can choose to give our money to Steinberg, or if they do not make products that meet our satisfaction we can elect and SHOULD (IMO) spend it elsewhere.

To chose Steinberg even if we’re not satisfied is also just as good, of course. Healthy discussions about products in general are welcome in my book. Sometimes this leads to realizations on both sides (consumer and manufacturer) and hopefully a better results can be achieved.

$15 per month for a service that’s worth it for their customers is not something to take lightly.

If the service was bad, and the video game was constantly changed for bad reasons, you would see a very fast decline of user retention. Because companies like Blizzard, just as an example, are very good at handling customer relations, they can retain their customers and charge that kind of money for monthly use of their product. Other companies with abysmal customer support, such as EA, have to rely on other methods to make money because the subscription model can’t work with the way they’ve designed their infrastructure (TOR is case in point).

Steinberg’s service is anything but bad, I’m satisfied with it, but it’s poor form to release unusable software. Cakewalk, being the most recent example of this, lost a lot of users to Studio One and the like because of their X1 debacle, which could have been prevented if they actually took user concerns into consideration and gave the software more time to mature in testing prior to launching. Complaints of waiting too long for a new release are better than complaints of a faulty product.

Software development companies should opt to release products that deserve to be celebrated by fans and new users alike, not junk that is hoped to fool loyal users into buying it.

Why didn’t people wait for the demo version to come out? They could have tried it at no cost, found out if it suited them and act accordingly. Instead of that, people pay up, expect perfection then complain at faults/bugs.

That’s why there are demo versions of products. C7 was always going to have a demo version in time. Why not wait for it?

because i wanted to buy something to complain about ,is that ok with you maincat ?

just out of interest bredo how does your 2500k run with nuendo , sorry to go off topic briefly just interested

that’s the reason i choose the 2500 over the 2600 as well (no hyperthreading in cubase) and i couldn’t be happier but i could see that c7 will push it to it’s limits unless they do something to tame the graphic design because with only one vst loaded , 1 instance of cyclops with the asio on 128 it’s peaking on a 3rd but in c6 it’s no problem at all ,the asio is down on 10 % .
So im just waiting like everyone else to see what the difference is going to be in 0.3 before i jump ship totally for future daw’s because im not being forced to update a perfectly good computer every 2 years just to stay up with steinberg . So from this side 0.3 had better be a damn good update else im spending my spare cash else where in the future … maybe a dictionary lol

Guess so, if that’s what does it for you. :laughing: