Expired e-mail

I bought Cubase 10 in 2015 and an upgrade in 2020. Now I will get a new computer and want Cubase migrated to that. But, the two purchases were made with two different and now expired e-mails. So how do I perform a switch? It is e-license.

Good question.
How did you buy with the upgrade with a different email?
Regards.

As far as I can see, Cubase 10 was released on November 14, 2018. How could you have bought it in 2015? Also, the expired emails seem strange.

Doesn’t matter what the email is, the account would still be there. If you don’t know what email goes with your account the only thing to do is to contact Steinberg Support.

Yo’re right, it was an upgrade from Cubase LE 6 to 8 in 2015 and then to Cubase 10.5 in 2020. But two different e-mails which has confused me on how to migrate my 10.5 to my new computer. I do have access to the license code from then. Maybe that’s enough?

No problem. :slightly_smiling_face: Once you have the new computer, I would deactivate your current Cubase version in the “Steinberg Activation Manager” on the old computer and then activate it on the new computer. I think that should work. If you haven’t installed the Activation Manager on the current computer, you’ll need to install it. If you don’t have the login credentials and can’t log in to the Activation Manager, I would contact Steinberg support directly; they can assist you further.

1 Like

He didn’t mention an update. I think he is trying to use the Cubase 10.5.

So he needs to transfer his eLicenser (Soft-eLicenser?).
That is only possible with the Steinberg support, as @steve already pointed out.

That doesn’t help, since these codes are one time activation codes.