Hello Dorico Team,
As a workaround to the difficulty of 2-part staves (i.e. Flute 1,2 on a single staff in the score), I am continuing a practice in Dorico that I used in Finale: maintaining a parts and score document, and breaking up 1, 2 staves into separate staves in the parts document. The explode music feature makes this much less painful for sure, but there is a behavior that makes it a bit more awkward than it could be. I noticed that that if you explode a passage that is in rhythmic unison at times, but then breaks out into 2 rhythmic layers, the portions in rhythmic unison remain in the top target staff. If you explode a passage that is entirely in rhythmic unison, the dyads are divided between the staves properly. If the explode feature could distribute the rhythmic layers in the target staves AND break the chords up in rhythmic unison passages in a single operation, it would make this procedure much easier, and I can’t think of a downside. I have a attached a graphic that illustrates what I’m talking about.