Export audio missing most instruments

I’m having trouble exporting audio for a particular score. Don’t think I’ve had this problem before. Whenever I export to audio, I only get the piano and vocal parts in the mix. None of the orchestral instruments make it in there (using 3 NotePerformer racks).

Also the same instruments frequently won’t play from within Dorico, either. When that happens, if I change from full score to any other layout and back, it usually fixes the instruments not playing in Dorico, but export still won’t work.

Attached a one-measure (ugly) example score. Thanks for any help.

Stephen
Bug no symphony in audio export.dorico (1021.7 KB)

Tried this out and the audio export sounds identical to the score – I can hear all the instruments. Did you try reapplying the NotePerformer playback template – it may be something has got corrupted?

IIRC, Dorico only exports audio from the top-most Layout in the Layout list in Setup mode.
Ignore me. See Daniel’s comment below.

That’s no longer true (unless I am very much mistaken): now it exports from the currently active layout.

1 Like

IIRC, Dorico only exports audio from the top-most Layout in the Layout list in Setup mode.

Indeed, this was the issue, thanks! Moving the layout to the top fixed the problem. Then again, so did upgrading to 4.2. :slight_smile:

I’ve had to restart in order fix this.