Export Audio Mixdown Issue...

Here is my Export Audio Mixdown and Device Setup snapshot…

Thank you again Chewy and Lydiot!

Well, don’t know what to say. Only thing we haven’t seen are the actual audio tracks. How is signal routed from the tracks?

Lydiot,

Here is a screenshot of my mixer routing. Everything going to “Stereo Out”.

I hope I could be help to you someday. I really appreciate yours.

Best,
Christopher

I suppose having nothing on the output inserts doesn’t help?

EDIT: Actually, I think you should use this project and just delete one type of plugin at a time from all inserts, just in case it’s one of them that’s causing an issue. Start with the ones on the output.

Your idea got me excited that it could be it, because one project works and it was missing one of the Output Inserts that the others had, but alas no. Taking them all off had no effect.

Thank you for your help, you saved me from ripping all of my hair out. While still stumped, I am much calmer about this conundrum.

Checked out the project (doesn’t look like you’ve seen the PM response). Everything bounced out fine from my setup… I suggest you try using the 32-bit version of N6 if you haven’t already…

Chewy

Christopher;

Have you tried trashing all preferences before exporting?

Lydiot,

By trashing preferences do you mean going into the preferences and clearing it to Default? I have. Or do you mean going into the folders and deleting files? I have not deleted any files.

You’d basically create a new folder on the desktop, call it “old prefs” or whatever, go into your preferences folder and transfer over all of that into that new folder so that your preferences folder is now empty (but you still have the old stuff “backed up”).

Then you restart Nuendo which should create new preference files, and then try the export again. I’m guessing there may be a setting or two you need to re-load or re-set.

I’m actually surprised none of us have suggested this yet. In some programs (PT on Macs) this is the go-to solution to a lot of problems. I recommend you try it. If it doesn’t work the only thing you have to do to go back to where you were is to delete these new prefs and transfer over the old ones from that folder on the desktop.

Ahem… scroll up :sunglasses:

I’m prepared to bet that it’s a 64-bit vs older plugins issue.

Chewy

Ops. Sorry. I searched the page for “preferences”, not “prefs”. Good call, young padawan!

Scroll up :sunglasses:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Word, yo.

Chewy

OKAY!!!

I have found something. When I moved the entire project and had to change the directory to a new one. It prints the audio. This is a directory related issue. How and why, I have no idea.

It is interesting in that I can play the project, but not mixdown…but when I move it to a new location and it will do both. Some kind of Nuendo 6 issue with the directory not being transferred correctly for mixdown.

Super-weird.

Write-permissions maybe?

Finally!!! I heard back from Steinberg this morning. It took about 3 days for a reply. Not bad for a big company like them.

Anyway, they told me to delete my VST Connection Output and to re-add it…then go and re-route the tracks again. I have and it is the fix!

Thank you Lydiot and Chewy for all your help!!! You all are awesome! I owe you all drinks and any help I can offer you!

And thank you Steinberg for coming to my aid. Now…back to recording!!!

Best,
Christopher Hoffee

We definitely all boldly went where digital angels fear to tread! Glad it all worked out.

Crazy stuff.

Chewy

Glad you got it sorted out, and thanks for updating us on it!

I’ll take you up on that drink if you’re ever in NYC. I’m not a cheap date though!

Lydiot,

You got! Drinks in NYC! Or if you ever are in San Diego!

Christopher