Export file path default for new projects

A problem I’ve always had with Cubase is that, when I’m working on a project, the first time I attempt to render a mix, Cubase remembers the file path from the previous project, and uses it as the default. It shouldn’t do this.

Sometimes I can be a little absent-minded, and I’ve accidentally overwritten my previous mix because Cubase defaults to the previous file path. I can’t think of a good reason why it should do this. The file path on a new project should default to blank.

+1

Sometimes I can be a little absent-minded, and I’ve accidentally overwritten my previous mix because Cubase defaults to the previous file path. I can’t think of a good reason why it should do this.

We can’t be focused 100% of the time, so you’re not a special case. I don’t like this either. I think we should have an option to set the default save directory for every project. This way, when a save as window pops up, the location should be the one that we set. I think every software should have this option.

The file path on a new project should default to blank.

What do you mean by “blank”?

We’ve always an export entry in the select box “Audio folder of project” (or similar, I’m on german) and we can set a pool folder. But this really didn’t help because the pool folders are virtual. For me the first step is to make the pool folders physical.
When backup a project we can select the folders to include in the backup or set a flag on the folders to be a part of the backup.

Or parallel to the Audio folder an export folder as a default.