Export Frame Break Data?

A bit of a niche thing, but something that could be useful to figure out - is there any way to export the position of frame breaks in all parts to a .csv or other type of data file? To be frank, I haven’t been able to figure out how to do it, but I also have very limited experience using scripts in Dorico and thought the forum hive-mind could have ideas.

Reason for this - I want to be able to check that page turns in large symphonies, operas, etc. don’t all occur at the same time. Obviously I can check this manually, and have done so for awhile, but using tools in Excel or Sheets would make the process much faster and accurate for pieces where the parts are 40-50 pages each.

Thanks, all!

I’m afraid there’s no way to do this at the moment, Josh. It’s an interesting idea, though. I would like us to spend some time on generating some statistics and reports out of a Dorico project, and perhaps this kind of information could be included in such a feature.

3 Likes

Thanks, Daniel! I’m sure it’s not a priority for most users, but being able to export data like this (and others such as number of frames for those who charge by the frame, etc.) would be great in a future version!