Export graphics with colored notes?

The goal
Export a PDF in which some of the noteheads are colored.

What I’ve done so far
I created colored notes in Write mode by:
(1) Selecting the note(s) I want to colour
(2) Enabling “color” from “Common” group in the bottom panel, and then choosing the color

Result: In Write, Engrave and Setup modes, I can see those notes have changed color. So far so good.

The problem
Despite the notes being colored in Write, Engrave and Setup modes, when I go to “Print” mode, the preview for the same flow is monochrome. Under Destination>Graphics, I toggled Color (rather than mono), but both the preview, and the exported PDF remained stubbornly black-noteheads-only.

Is it something I’m doing/leaving out? Or does Dorico only export notation in black? (In which case, why have colored notes as an option?)

I just tried this same thing in Dorico 2.2 and it worked for me, so I have no idea what is going wrong in your case. It shows up with color in the Print mode preview and in the PDF.

Many thanks for replying so quickly. Your reply is good news though - confirms that my problem is not a Dorico limitation, but instead the Idiot Using It. (Usually the case).
I just need to figure out now what I’m not doing that you are. (I’m also running v 2.2)

Closed the document. Started again from scratch. No problems the second time.
I’ll repost if the issue resurfaces, just in case it’s an Cheshire-cat type bug.