Export Mixdown prevents Output Busses from sending sound to DA interface

Question concerning Output Busses.
I have a hybrid setup like the following:
Many tracks (both analog and midi/instrument sound libraries) that are then routed to 28 stereo Master Groups.
Then, 28 stereo Master Groups routed to 28 stereo Output Busses that are connected to 56 DA converters (Burl MS) that then go to 28 stereo summing amp inputs.
Output of summing amp goes to a Neve MBP, outboard EQ, and then back to a stereo AD converter that is then read by the Cubase Input Buss and goes to a stereo channel where I apply the final mastering plugs and Dithering before being routed to a Stereo output for final DA conversion and then speakers for listening to the final master chain mixdown. Everything works and sounds awesome and I like being able to see the meters on the Output Busses (and input Buss coming back) so that I can verify at a glance the workflow. I can quickly verify by looking at the summing amp and MBP and EQ that the summing amp is receiving signal as well.

The problem is that when I Export the Mixdown (using Locators and the usual Export settings) I no longer see any input on the summing amp or subsequent MBP and EQ.
However, I still see the that the Output Buss meters show signal.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to get the Output Busses to send their respective signals out of Cubase 11 and into the 56 DA converters?

Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.
-Gene

NOTE: I have run the suggested setup that Ralphie outlined years back (use Fx External sends as plugins on the master groups instead of routing them to Output Busses).
This works awesome and I have had no issues Exporting Mixdowns whatsoever - but for some reason going to Cubase 11 started losing audio connections on the 56 Fx External sends quite regularly and reconnecting them by hand got to the point where I decided to try checking out using Output Busses since I can save the Output Busses settings as a preset.

Is anyone using Cubase Output Busses to send out to a summing amp? If yes, then are you able to export the mixdown at the same time? I am wondering if my issue is just the way that Cubase 11 is coded and that if the Output Busses are connected to (in my case to Rednet PCIEr card channels) then those connections are simply disabled during Export Mixdown.
Anyone doing a hybrid setup like this?
Thanks,
-Gene

Hi,

Do you export in Real Time, please?

Hi Martin.
Yes, I do not export offline ever.
I believe at the core of this issue is that the Output Busses get disconnected from the D/A interface (in my case Rednet PCIEr card and then Burl Mothership). When I am not doing an actual Export it all flows correctly to my summing amp and Neve MBP, and then comes back in to Cubase via Rednet/Burl A/D on a stereo Input Buss, which I then use for the input of a stereo track which I then have final inserts for mastering/dithering. I then send that stereo track back out of Cubase back thru the Rednet/Burl D/A to my near field monitors. That all works and sounds wonderful! But the act of then Exporting the project turns off the Output Busses and I do not see any input on my external hardware (Neve MBP, EQ) - even though the Output Buss meters still show activity. This is strange!
Please let me know if there is anything I can provide further and thanks for the response!
-Gene

Hi Martin.

Yes, I do not export offline ever.
I have always exported in Real Time.

I believe at the core of this issue is that the Output Busses get disconnected from the D/A interface (in my case Rednet PCIEr card and then Burl Mothership). When I am not doing an actual Export it all flows correctly to my summing amp and Neve MBP, and then comes back in to Cubase via Rednet/Burl A/D on a stereo Input Buss, which I then use for the input of a stereo track which I then have final inserts for mastering/dithering. I then send that stereo track back out of Cubase back thru the Rednet/Burl D/A to my near field monitors. That all works and sounds wonderful! But the act of then Exporting the project turns off the Output Busses and I do not see any input on my external hardware (Neve MBP, EQ) - even though the Output Buss meters still show activity. This is strange!

Please let me know if there is anything I can provide further and thanks for the response!
-Gene

Hi,

Could you attach your Export Audio Mixdown settings, please?

Thanks Martin.
Here are some screen shots of my setup.
Please note that my Rednet PCIEr buffer is huge for mixing down thru the near fields hence the large latency shown in the images. When I export, the Output Buss meters still show activity, but my summing amp does not so something happens between listening to the summing amp coming back and doing an export.
-Gene

Hi Martin. Any update on this issue?
Thanks,
-Gene