Export presets and settings for new installation

I want to install Cubase 8.5 on a new machine, and I want to be able to load my track presets with the effect info into the new installation, and import the cubase settings too. Is that possible?

You would have to copy existing preference configuration files into the new install location. The link lists where the preference files are and what they are for. Good luck.

Regards :sunglasses:

Open mediabay on the old machine, search on of your saved presets, right click and show in explorer.

Then copy this folder to the new machine.

so do i just copy these files from the folder and replace the ones in the new installation?

Track presets are not stored with preferences. Rather unhelpfully even the manual seems to have the location wrong.

You can do as I said in previous post to check exactly where yours are…should be in appdata/roaming folders.
Just copy to the same place on your new installation.

As to the preferences. You could copy the whole folder or just those you think you need to. Personally I prefer on a clean install to reset them manually…but that’s probably just me.

EDITED Sorry…I was just confusing things further!!

Note that track presets are not in the preferences folder as such…they are one level up in the appdata folder.
If you want to be absolutely sure those you saved are at this location use the technique in my last post.

As to the preferences. You could copy the whole folder or just those you think you need to. Personally I prefer on a clean install to reset them manually…but that’s probably just me.[/quote]

Yes. I never had issues but I would suggest that you keep copies of the files from the original new install so you can replace then if needed. Or I guess (I never had to do this) you would have to follow this procedure if somehow the preference files got corrupted.

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/troubleshooting-instructions-for-cubase-nuendo-and-sequel-on-windows/kb_back/2020.html

Even though I have done the copy/paste preference files and folders thing several times (with no issues), I do agree with Grim that it is nice to start fresh and reset them manually. Especially with a clean install.

thx