It happens many times to me to collaborate with other musicians.
I host the main project in Cubase so a typical case would be to ask them to record an instrument for me.
An example project could look like this:
- 4 tracks with synths -> I want to merge in 1 STEM
- 5+ drum tracks -> I want to merge in 1 STEM
- 1 bass track -> I want to export to a single STEM
- 2 rhythm guitars -> I want to merge in 1 STEM
- 1+ solo guitars -> I want to merge in 1 STEM and the musicians will listen to it and make a new solo
In this way instead to give 14 tracks to my collaborator I give just 5 files and he returns me the one he needs to work on.
I was super happy with the Export Queue thinking I can finally do this job in one single batch
by selecting all the pads, add to queue as single export, do the same with drums and so on but
instead I did not take advantage at all of this new feature because it doesn’t suit my needs at all for this purpose.
From what I saw in the videos you can export single and multi tracks into the queue but what you can change basically are the audio properties.
Anything I am doing wrongly or this could be a feature request?