Export to soundcloud is cool and all...but...

Is there maybe a way that we can tweak some .xml file or something somewhere to be able to upload to something other than soundcloud? I mean, soundcloud is nice and all, but it just seems like this strange arbitrary choice for Steinberg. It wound be nice to…for example…upload to dropbox, or some other service.

it’s not really a big deal because it’s quick enough to do it on my own but I figured I minds well ask.

I don’t know how OSX handles calling processes but I can explain a little how it works on PC.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Upload to SoundCloud Bei SoundCloud hochladen Envoyer vers SoundCloud Upload su SoundCloud Subir a SoundCloud SoundCloudにアップロード 上传到 SoundCloud

icons\SoundCloud.png ******************* this is the icon that is shown in the drop down Post Process menu *************
*********************** under here is the executable that Cubase starts after a mixdown is completed***********************
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\Upload Manager\uploadmanager.exe************** don’t know exactly where this is on OSX ********************
“$PATH” ***This is the argument or the VARiable that Cubase fills with the comple path and filename for the Mixdown file

true
false ************ Cubase does not wait for the executable to finish *****************

false false true private true false

So in this XML that I find on PC in c:\ProgramData\Steinberg\Audio Export Post Process Scripts\UploadToSoundCloud.aepp
If you make a mixdown to lets say: d:\mixdowns\MySong.wav and You have picked Upload to Soundcloud in the post process menu it will execute:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\Upload Manager\uploadmanager.exe d:\mixdowns\MySong.wav

I have made my own aepp that is still work in progress but I might as well share it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> Make a mp3 copy using Lame lame.png Lame 3.99.5 C:\Lame\lamebat.cmd "$PATH" false false

As you can see it starts C:\Lame\lamebat.cmd after finishing the mixdown.
In the lamebat.cmd file I have the following:

C:\Lame\Lame.exe -b 320 %1
C:\Lame\flac.exe -8 %1
C:\Lame\qtaacenc.exe --cbr 320 %1 %1.m4a

After a mixdown it uses the finished Wav and makes a MP3, FLAC and M4A (AAC) file in the same path as the Wav file.
The %1 is a VAR that the .cmd script uses and is the same as $PATH (the path and filename of the mixdown file)
So it really requires the executable to be able to take arguments, unless you really want to go deep.
A dropbox aepp xml should be easy, you really just need to copy the mixdown file to the dropbox folder.

Hope I didn’t confuse You, being on PC and not knowing OSX makes it difficult :slight_smile: