exported mp3 file has no sound

@bekahlee , do I get you right, if in Dorico you go to Edit > Device Setup and there choose Built-in Audio as ASIO driver, then you don’t get any sound?

Hi sorry for delay in response. When I select the built in audio in driver I do have sound coming from the computer outputs (speakers, but not the headphone jack out put - checked headphones none worked), and can control output levels through the Halion Sonic VST window. Mac sound preferences set to either built in audio or MODX played only through the built in speakers of the Mac book pro.
Since going through the things you suggested the problem of low level when using the MODX as the ASIO driver and listening through its outputs seems to have rectified. My problem is solved, not sure my understanding has increased as to why.
Is it possible to have the MODX as the driver so I can use it to write notes and then use the computer outputs to listen? It seems to me I can only have one driver and need to listen through the outputs of which ever device is selected as the driver. Now that the volume issue is rectified this shouldn’t be a problem, but it would be good to know to help my understanding.
Thanks again

The MODX presents itself as two complete different and independent devices to Dorico, first as an audio device and second as a MIDI device. Dorico always recognizes the MODX as a MIDI device and accepts MIDI input from input, no matter what is chosen as ASIO driver under Edit > Device Setup.
So under Edit > Device Setup indeed you can choose the Built-in device as driver and still receive MIDI from the MODX at the same time.
And the headphone jacks of your computer should also work. Please go to Edit > Device Setup, choose the Built-in device and then click the Device Control Panel button, a new window will open. In there make sure the option Automatically Configure Devices is ticked, resp. that on the right in the Output section also the headphone is ticked.

1 Like

I am having the same problem just with one of my projects. I can export 3 of 5 instrument files. I tried the other two to export them in wav or mp3 - files have no sound. I am using Windows 11. It works on other projects though. This one went through a dorico update but so did another one which was fine. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi @Uuttaa , is there any chance that you could share that project with me? If you don’t want to post it here publicly, you could send it directly to u dot stoermer at steinberg dot de, full confidentiality guaranteed from my side. Thanks

Just a quick update, with user Uuttaa it was - as we have seen often before - the problem of having the wrong layout at the top of the list during export.

1 Like