Exporting and transporting Hotkeys

This seems like a basic request…

Can I export all my key commands / hotkeys and save them somewhere so that I can use them on another Nuendo system?

I’ve found a Key Commands.xml file by digging into the system folders but what do I do with that to put my hotkeys on another system? Simply replace the existing Key Commands.xml file with that one?

Cheers

Pez

Of course, you can.

Open File > Key Commands window. On the right side click on the floppy disc icon (named Store). This XML file, you can find in your Nuendo X folder – depends on your OS:
Mac OS X
/Users//Library/Preferences/Nuendo 5 (or 6…)/Presets/KeyCommands
(If you are using Mac OS X 10.7 or newer, click to “Go” menu in the finder and hit the Option/Alt key. Now, you can see relevant Library folder, in the Go menu.)

PC Windows XP
System drive \Documents and Settings<your username>\Application data\Steinberg\Nuendo 5 (or 6…)/Presets/KeyCommands

PC Windows Vista and Windows 7
System drive \Users< your username>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Nuendo 5 (or 6…)/Presets/KeyCommands

Save this file on to your USB drive, and connect it to another one computer. Here, open the Nuendo, open File > Key Commands, and click to the folder button on the right side. Now, you can import all your Key Commnads (or Macro Commands) from the USB drive.

Thanks!
It worked.
Pez

Thanks Martin.Jirsak