Exporting Chord symbol playback lane as audio or midi

Hi all,

I’ve been having lots of fun making my first large scale arrangement with Dorico rather than Sibelius and I especially liked the ease of entering lyrics and chord symbols and the vast amount of control you can have over how chord symbols are displayed. I do however, have one question…

I’ve searched the forum for an answer to this, as well as youtube for a tutorial and I apologise in advance if I’ve managed to miss the answer somewhere, but…

is there a way to export the audio from the chord symbol playback lane either as midi or audio? I would like to create mp3s of all the parts for one of my ensembles at school but can’t seem to find a way to get the chords with slash notation to export in audio or midi format.

Any help anyone could give will be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Michael

The chord track does export like any other track, but you may have to manually assign a playback instrument to it … (will check later :slight_smile:)

As Frank says, provided you route a channel on one of your VST instruments to the chord track, you should find that the chord track is included when you export audio. However, I don’t think it is included when you export MIDI.

They do export as MIDI as well, provided the little speaker icon on the track is ON …

Thanks to both of you for your help. I thought I had set up a vsti with the chord track but I will check later when I get home.

Hi again,

I still can’t get this to work. I have assigned Halion Sonic to the chords and Note Performer 3 to the rest of the instruments and everything plays back just fine but when I try to export as wav there is no separate file for the chords in the right panel (is that what’s supposed to happen or is the audio data added to the instrument the chords are attached to?)

Also, if I export the score as midi and then import it back into Dorico there is no midi data for the chord lane but all the other instruments are there. I know I’m probably doing something wrong but for the life of me I can not figure out what it is. I have turned on the blue speaker icon, I have playback working fine with lots of different instruments playing back the chords but export just doesn’t work for me.

I have attached a screen shot and am happy to attach the .dorico file if that might help.

Once again, apologies for missing something that I imagine is simple once you know it.

Best wishes,

Michael

Hmm, that’s odd. If we start with MIDI… I just tried it, and when re-imported into Dorico I got an additional player named TRACK which in Write mode does contain the chord notes. Perhaps if you post a small dorico file here, it will be easier to spot the problem … it sounds like you’re doing it right, so …