Exporting each track to a separate file when more than 2 tracks?

I am trying to understand whether it is possible in a single step to output each track in a project to individual files or not. Here is what I have been able to discover:

• I can route tracks in a project to separate outputs (for example, stereo L or stereo R)
  • I can use the “split channels” option in mixdown to put L on one file and R on another file
  • I don’t seem to have a way to do more than 2 channels. This isn’t really splitting tracks into different files as much as it is splitting channels into different files (and I have only two output channels - L and R)

Is there a way to define more channels? Ideally, here is what I am trying to do:

• When recording a podcast, I might have 3 guests in the studio plus myself (host).
  • I would like to put myself on a separate track along with my 3 guests; this means 4 separate tracks.
  • The podcast is mastered and EQ’d elsewhere; that company has requested that I send each person on a separate file so they can be easily EQ’d separately.

I have even gone so far as to look at all variants of Cubase (AI, LE, Pro, Elements, etc.) to see if it is merely that the LE AI version is limited in its ability to export individual tracks versus merely individual L and R channels. As best I can tell, all variants of Cubase work the same and allow splitting only channels - not tracks - into separate export files.

For now, most of my podcasts are just myself and a single guest, so L and R outputs are fine. I am mostly curious about whether Cubase supports easy “batch” output of individual tracks on separate files. In other words, if I have n tracks, I would like to create n individual output files in a single step instead of having to export the tracks one at a time, n times.

P.S. I am new to this program and yes, I have read the manual, so kindly don’t reply with a snarky suggestion to “read the manual.” I am seeing that in more than a few replies to other questions in this forum and frankly, it is just plain rude. Most people come to forums precisely because they have read the manual and the information is either missing entirely or is ambiguous. I write manuals for a living so please don’t accuse me of bias or laziness. If anything, I should be the one issuing snarky comments about “reading the manual”. (Rant over)

With Pro you have (almost?) all possibilities of which tracks and how to export:

https://steinberg.help/cubase_pro/v11/en/cubase_nuendo/topics/export_audio_mixdown/export_audio_mixdown_options_r.html

You might have missed this… :upside_down_face:

Thank you for the clarification. And yes, I missed that. However, is it reasonable to expect me to read the manual(s) for a product I don’t own (Pro) in a lineup of five different product variants? That essentially means reading five different manuals rather than one. I would gently remind you that I own AI LE — not Pro.

P.S. A better UI design is generally to gray out unavailable options than to hide them entirely in “lite” versions of software. A starter version of Cubase (AI LE) is what came bundled with my Yamaha AG06 mixer.

You may have taken my reply the wrong way, I’m sure you spent a lot of time to find out about your question!

And it certainly would generate a lot of upgrade sales… :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: