EXPORTING MIDI TO .WAV OR MP3

I bought Yamaha MO6 and got cubase AI4. I am able to record and play back The mo6 voice on cubase , but when i export the midi file and try to play it back , I do not hear anything. HELP!.Also , i am unable to record vocal

The Yamaha M06 looks like a nice Keyboard.
I’m usually the last to say this but, have you read “THE MANUAL” yet :question:
( Forum police please don’t hurt me) :laughing: :laughing:

You need to record your Midi track to audio.
There’s 2 ways I know of.
When you record your Midi Track record an Audio track at the same time (2 TRACKS)

or export your midi track back into your project

file
export
audio track
make sure you’ve checked the Pool and Audio
and set your Locators

click on my Link here and you’ll see what I’m talking about
http://home.comcast.net/~halljack505/pwpimages/capture%203.PNG

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

PS: Read that Manual :wink: :wink:

Yeah , read the manual all day. Did it exactly as i was told to . I also tried to export to my project like the link , it exports fine but no sound

I am able to record and play back The mo6 voice on cubase , but when i export the midi file and try to play it back , I do not hear anything.

Well, obviously if you want to include the MO6´s own sound, you´d need to do the export in realtime, which (at least according to the manual) isn´t available in Cubase AI 4. So the link is more or less useless in your case. In your case, you first have to record the whole track in audio into Cubase via the Audio connections of your MO 6 and your soundcard.

So use the MO6 sequencer , record the whole track , press record in cubase and record whole track at once into cubase.

Is that a question…?
You can also record the whole MIDI in Cubase, trigger the MO 6 via MIDI from Cubase and record audio from the MO 6 into Cubase

Yeah , that was a question. will try that!

OK SOLUTION FOUND . USED "QUICKSET IN MO6 , CHOOSING THE OPTION TO “RECORD INTERNAL SEQ TO CUBASE " PLUGGED Hosa Stereo Y-Cable Mini Male - 2 1/4” CABLE FROM HEADPHONE OUTPUT OF YAMAHA MO6 TO AUIDO INTERFACE AND RECORDED ON AUDIO TRACK. THANKS GUYZ. I KNOW I WILL NEED SOME HELP LATER , SO DON’T GO TOO FAR LOL!!