Exporting Tracks

I want to send off a track I have recorded in Cubase LE4 to a friend who is going to mix and master the track, he uses Pro Tools, so my question is how do I export the files to him so they adhere to his criteria, see his instructions:

“When you send the track to me to mix, it would be best on DVD as stems. Please send me the files all starting from the same spot that I can drop into Pro Tools as this will consolidate any edits you’ve done in individual tracks. Keep files at the bit and depth rate you have recorded at. For example if you have recorded the session at 48k 24 bit WAVs make sure that they are exported as such. Also make sure faders aren’t up above 0db so tracks don’t clip as they are exporting. Let me know bpms if they are clicked”

1. What are stems?

2. I notice in “audio export engine” tab it asks if I want to select Stereo Output but my audio files of each instrument is in mono.

3. I imported the drums into my session at a rate of 130 bpm yet the Cubase Click states its default at 120 bpm, how do I make sure the bpm is correct.

4. The guitar solo is at the 2/3rds of the way through, yet how do I make sure that it appears on mixing/mastering guy’s session correctly in its proper place?

Look here> Stem mixing and mastering - Wikipedia

Although unless you have a particular balance you want to keep or FX then you would probably be better just exporting each track individually so the other guy has maximum flexibility.

Is there a box on the dialogue to mix to mono?

Select as stated the original bit depth and sample rate.

usually you will need to clear all plugins (inserts/FX) and EQ from your song, set all Faders to 0dB including the master fader.

Then set the left locator to a Bar position before the track starts and the right locator to just beyond the end.

Then solo each track, one at a time, and export to a folder called, for instance (Song Name)Renders.

Do this for all the track in the song, and if you have any stereo tracks then remember to export as a split stereo track.

You should end up with a folder with each track rendered from the left locator position to the right locator position, when doing this do not touch the locator position as the whole point is to create tracks that once rendered all have exactly the same start position.

If your song is at 130bpm then that should be communicated to the other guy and assuming it plays well dont worry too much about the cubase click.

Select as stated the original bit depth and sample rate.

usually you will need to clear all plugins (inserts/FX) and EQ from your song, set all Faders to 0dB including the master fader.

Then set the left locator to a Bar position before the track starts and the right locator to just beyond the end.

Then solo each track, one at a time, and export to a folder called, for instance (Song Name)Renders.

Do this for all the track in the song, and if you have any stereo tracks then remember to export as a split stereo track.

To have all this less complicated (IMHO), you could use the “bounce selection” feature (No need to reset faders, clear FX, take care on sample rate and Bit depth, no need to set locators), and then save to new folder. But since I´m that unhelpful, bad guy who doesn´t like to quote what´s in the manual already, you´d have to read that up on your own…

If you intend to do it the other way make sure you set the project bit depth to the required end file bit depth size.

Watch this video, he explains this exactly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtwDXw1wuYs

And yes use your “draw tool l and " Bounce Selection” to fix those tracks.
Rename -fix tempos in the Pool and solo " Export" them one at a time.

Hope this helps

Jack :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: