Expression Map - Helpful Additions

I know, but it is not exactly what I’m asking for.

Currently, you can change it but you have to edit it through the Expression Map menu, which is not the most accessible one.

What I’m asking for is the ability to change it easier and faster in each track. Now I want to record staccatos mainly, then I set the default to staccato. If I want to record sustain, I change the default to sustain again. This way, I can record using the expression maps in a much better way. I think that now you have to stick with the default one when using attributes. I would like this to be more flexible.

+1

1 Like

the first of what may become an annual +1

1 Like

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

1 Like

+1 zillion, especially the per articulation delay option

1 Like

Just read this after a day at the coalface of preparing some new expression maps - to all of the above + 1 Googol

1 Like

What a great list of excellent
suggestions. If you use Expressions, how could you not plus one this?

+1

1 Like

Also, folders for keeping your project Expression Maps organized!

1 Like

Also if this bug could be fixed.

https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=117118&p=637311&hilit=expression+map+retro#p637311

It’s been reported before but never addressed. =(

+1

1 Like

+1 - Essential!

1 Like

+1 to the original post. Great ideas!

1 Like

+1 - the users have spoken.! In great numbers.! With great ideas.! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is an issue when deleting Expression Maps in the Exp. Map setup. It seems to change the order and thus reassigns Exp. Maps to different tracks. :confused:

1 Like

+1 for these great and long overdue improvements!

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Often times one needs to transpose key switches to an higher or lower octave. The VSL Vienna Instruments player has the ability to transpose all key switches by a simple click and drag. This would be great in the Expression Map setup. There is this sort of but it only works for one note at a time. To be able to select e.g everything from C0 to B1 and then transpose them up and out of the conflicting range while leaving everything from C-2 to B-1 would be great. Even if there was a keyboard in the UI to indicate the range as well.

1 Like

+1000

Expression maps need a LOT of love. Great concept, implemented pretty well, just really need some updating now they’re really catching on.

Sorting by name would be a good start, and duplicate.

1 Like

Please consider liking my post it is called ‘Expression Maps Overhaul’ it is in the Cubase 10 forum.

+1

1 Like