Expression map not transmitting keyswitch data to instrument

Hello folks!

I’m dipping my toes into expression maps (Cubase 12) in order to get the most out of Spitfire’s Abbey Road One library, and I’ve hit a bit of a snag. I believe I’ve set up my expression map properly - the keyswitch key numbers are consistent between the expression map and AR1, and I don’t believe I’m missing anything.

Via a midi monitor, I realized that there was no information being transmitted to the instrument, and I’m stumped as to why.

Attribute vs Direction doesn’t seem to make any difference, nor does selecting other midi channels in both AR1 and the expression map. I’ve attached screenshots of everything below - if anyone has run into this issue before and managed to solve it, I’d love to know how!

Hi,

How did you send the articulation switch out, please?

Are you sure the Expression Map is actually loaded and not just open for editing in the Setup? I’d expect to see the name of an Expression Map where circled.

It is indeed loaded, as far as I can tell!

Hi,

Is the C-1 in Abbey Road the same C-1 as it is in Cubase? Could you try to send C-1 MIDI Note from the Key Editor to double check the switch?

Hi Martin!

C-1 appears to be the same in both Cubase and Abbey Road. The keyswitches work normally when I enter KS data in the piano roll.

Thank you!

Try sticking a MIDI Monitor on a MIDI Insert and see if that gives you any clues.