Expression Map order sorting?

It may be a long shot but is there any way of rearranging the order of Techniques and Actions column entries when creating or editing Expression Maps? The latest entry always goes at the bottom which means it can become a dog’s breakfast to read if some entries have to be put in as an afterthought and become detached from the appropriate section.

If not, might I put it in as a suggestion for the future?

This is something we’re aware of and hope to address in a future version

thanks – good to hear.

Hi Paul,

It’s 2023 already and that doesn’t seem to change. Steinberg please do us a favor and add the ability to rearrange techniques.

Albert

The ability to organize long lists into categories with folders is much needed in a lot of places. If you create and maintain custom Expressions Maps, Playing and Playback Techniques, etc., the only real way to sort at this point is to prefix the names of each entry with some custom sorting characters, which is often tedious, distracting visually and uses up precious, limited horizontal space for characters.

I’m confident this is on the radar, but who knows when it can actually be implemented. Until then, it’s down to creative, efficient naming.

2 Likes

it must be borne in mind that after a lot of impressive work on Expression Maps with v3, this area had a rest in v4. I’m quite sure it will again be on the radar again for the next version and am fully confident that Dorico 5 will see new features and improvements in this area.

As @DaddyO says, this is one of a number of areas where the ability to sort and categorise your entries would be welcome.