Expression map - where to save?

Hey fellow Dorico users. I recently downloaded a expression map for sample Modeling strings and tuned it to my needs. I saved it on my desktop. But every time I restart Dorico I have to import it, bevore it shows up on the list so I can use it.
I think there must be a place on the HD where the expression maps are stored. I couldn’t find it on the manual. Any help is much appreciated

I’m on Mac (m1)

Make sure there’s an DefaultLibraryAdditions inside ~/Library/Application support /Steinberg/Dorico 4 /
Put your expression maps there. Restart Dorico. Enjoy!
Hope it helps!
[Edit] @Major81 : the folder name was wrong, I’ve corrected it. Sorry about that.

1 Like

It works. Great! Thank you so much.

Just a note of the Windows equivalent: C:\Users<user>\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4\DefaultLibraryAdditions

2 Likes

@MarcLarcher if it doesn’t exist, should it be created or is it supposed to already exist?

thanks

Edit: I mean the DefaultLibraryAdditions folder.

If it’s not there (because you don’t own VSL stuff with their expression maps and playback templates :sweat_smile:) just create it!
Beware : I don’t think this tip is supported by the Team

Must admit, before I read this thread, I’ve been keeping a Dorico sub-folder in Documents, called library, for my xp maps, percussion maps, & templates.