Expression maps for Kirk Hunter Question

I am creating an expression map for the Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 and can’t figure out how to trigger a keyswitch that is part of another keyswitch. Any suggestions? I attached a screenshot. I Would like to trigger the Detache sample which has A#0 key (key number 22), but this articulation can only be chosen after selecting the Short articulation which has the F#6 key (key number 30). How can I combine those two in the expression map?
Screen Shot 2017-03-30 at 19.04.36.jpg

Just enter them in sequence… first KS30 followed by KS22…

I just figured this out 1 minute ago, thanks!

btw, glad to hear you’re into CS2… it’s a gem, very underrated…

Yes, they are. I think part of that is because there aren’t any Sibelius soundsets for them, I asked for them a long time ago and they say they were on the list, but till now nothing. Maybe Dorico is a good place to promote them now it’s easier to create expression maps yourself.

Here is a short string part of a score of my children opera, bounced with the Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2, the expression map I created did a very good job. The only thing I don’t like are the short notes, they sound a little fake. Any suggestions that could improve the playback? Maybe some setting adjustment somewhere in Dorico?

I thought I had the dynamics played back correctly with the Kirk Hunter Concert Strings 2 library, but it seems that it’s not working yet.

This library uses velocity control and modwheel control for volume (see screenshot). In the expression map editor, I can only choose velocity OR CC control (1 or 11), but not both at the same time.

I tried to get both to work by setting the Volume Dynamic field to Note Velocity and adding a CC 1 to the Actions filed, but that doesn’t seem to work.

Any suggestions?
Screen Shot 2017-04-01 at 15.49.24.png

I don’t think the meaning is that dynamics shall be influenced equally by CC and velocity, but that CC is for controlling the overall dynamics (and should be chosen in Dorico Expression maps) and the Velocity setting is meant to control the sensitivity to velocity within that overall dynamic. In Live playing the fact that patches are velocity sensitive means you can achieve a greater level of nuance from note to note, but in notation programs this is more limited, but not entirely absent. E.g. in Dorico accents and marcati will produce variations in key velocity, even if the Xmap is set to ModWheel dynamics, so with a proper sensitivity setting in KH (or VSL for that matter) Dorico should be able to perform quite well with KH…