Expression Maps for solo & Ensemble

Using add-on switches in the Dorico Expression maps to switch between solo and ensemble(s) and loading one solo and one ensemble of the Synchron player into Vienna Ensemble (pro) makes this scenario straight forward. (When VSL designed the Synchron Player, I think they took for granted that everyone would be using Vienna Ensemble Pro… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

or of course in this situation, just plain old Vienna Ensemble if you’re not mixing in libraries from other vendors . The only reason for using standalone instances of the Synchron player is it’s easier to work with Dorico playback configurations from third parties this way (such as the “official” VSL ones).

1 Like

Ok

thanks to the absolutely splendid ZOOM assistance of John Barron @ Steinberg/Dorico this is fairly!
straightforward, . But you’ll need to do it inside Vienna Ensemble Pro

Create an a6 technique. Make sure it’s saved and available where appropriate :

Create an Expression map for the articulations you want in solo. Copy the ones you want in a6.

On the copied one add 'a6" and add another command as a channel switch. allowing you to access another instance .

On that channel have the Ensemble patches.

This way you can have solo AND ensemble on one staff and with the use of “a?” where needed.

This allows me to easily use a small size template ( at least to look at ) whilst accessing all my solo and ensemble samples…my happiness is total !

best

ed

1 Like