Expression Maps - some key switches working / others not

Hi Dbudde,

I’ve tried that, but it’s giving me the same problem. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Josh
www.joshuastamper.com

OK. I see what’s going on. When you export a doricolib, for custom playing techniques, it is using the internal name (pt.user.a bunch of stuff) instead of the defined name. If you edit the file and change the name in the techniqueIDs definition field, to pt.name (where name is the name you defined) then it will import correctly. You’ll need to do these one at a time or associate the key switch with the internal name to figure out which is which if you have more than one.

edit: well, not quite. There still needs to be something to associate the internal name with the user name. Not sure what that is.

Hi Joshua,

I think I’d need to see the actual project file to work out what’s going on here. Could you zip attach it here? I don’t know about the star turning blue, but it should be the case that clicking that button should take immediate effect. ‘Save as default’ is a slight misnomer - really it means, ‘make the version of this object from the current project available to other projects’, by pushing it from the ‘score library’ to the ‘default library’. (We’re aware that these concepts may not be fully exposed in the UI currently, but this is what’s happening behind the scenes).

Regarding lines and the next version - our usual policy is that we can’t really say too much about what will or won’t be in the next version because we can’t guarantee what will make it in. (Software development is hard, things take longer than you expect, things expose other nasty things that have to be dealt with, etc). It’s a high priority though, as are fretted instruments, so I hope there will be some features that will make working with banjos easier.

Thanks. Not quite following what you mean with “If you edit the file and change the name in the techniqueIDs definition field, to pt.name (where name is the name you defined)…” Can you explain further? Thanks for the time you’re spending on this.

Best,

Josh
www.joshuastamper.com

Thanks much, Paul. Just sent you a PM. Also, I appreciate your comment regarding subsequent Dorico updates. Understood. I’m glad to hear that line editing is on the priority list.

Best,

Josh
www.joshuastamper.com

I was describing editing the exported doricolib file (from the expression maps dialog) which is in xml format. Searching that file for pt.user.xxx will find the definition of the playing technique. But editing this item is not enough. It just imports the correct name but, as Paul mentioned above, there needs to be more exported for the playing technique to actually work. And that part I don’t quite understand. So… never mind.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Josh
www.joshuastamper.com