Expression Maps

Hi Paul,
The 3.5 update is excellent. I love the fact that the dynamics lane in PLAY mode is represented in the particular CC lane that controls the dynamics, in my case CC11. The biggest and most useful thing on top of all the present features is one that will allow users to calibrate the velocity curve for individual libraries. I know you have mentioned this in the past, but I just want to say that this is super important. The curve should allow for different levels of velocity at both ends, in other words you could adjust the sensitivity of the lower velocities without changing the ‘s’ shape at the top of the curve. I have found with my VSL libraries, that a velocity curve setting of 4.5 works for mf, f and ff. However, with that setting, mp, p and pp etc have to be adjusted manually in the dynamics (or now directly in the CC lane) because they are too soft. Being able to calibrate the dynamics to individual libraries will be a huge time saver. I’m guessing it could be part of the expression map even, where the said expression map applies to just that one library…
I know you guys will find a wonderful solution to this, but I’m begging that this comes in the next major version as it is one of the final elements required in the quest to get natural dynamic playback more quickly, without so much tweaking.

Thank you for listening, as always.

PS I have tried many different velocity curve settings and I’ve also tried adjusting the velocity curve of the samples, but I ended up going down a rabbit hole!, so I reverted back to tweaking the dynamics in Dorico that don’t automatically trigger the required velocity level for these libraries.