Extend the beginning or end of any kind of event to the cursor.

This is another function from PT and a couple other DAWs that makes writing, composing, and editing faster and more fluid: With one click you can extend either the beginning or end of an event (audio or MIDI or individual notes in the MIDI editors) to the cursor. Saves big amounts of time! Let’s see it in Cubase please.

Trim End left and Trim end Right is the closest we have I think.

I agree, great feature

Until we get this feature (maybe in 2035), where are Trim End Left and Trim End Right in Key Commands? They’re in the Nudge toolbar but I can’t find them as key commands. It’s not at all a substitute for this great PT feature but is sometimes useful.

Until we get this feature (maybe in 2035), where are Trim End Left and Trim End Right in Key Commands? They’re in the Nudge toolbar but I can’t find them as key commands. It’s not at all a substitute for this great PT feature but is sometimes useful.

1. In key Commands its in the NUDGE folder. Option+Shift+L, Option+Shift+R

It will follow your snap setting as well

1. Option+L. and Option+R will shift the Start of the event

2. Helpful tip, click on anything you are looking for a key command for , then hit the edit key commands and it will be there if that function is available as a key command.

3. You always have PooTools is ya wanna

You know, many years on Cubase and I didn’t know that about that fast way of finding Key Commands – thanks!

I can’t switch to Pro Tools because I’m a composer and need the scoring features in Cubase…there are just some simple things that would be so highly useful which PT and other DAWs have, like this. :slight_smile: Let’s hope we get these fast workflow improvements happening more regularly.