External effect

hey. i have the apollo twin usb and cubase 12 and I want to connect 2 mono compressor klark teknik kt-2a and I want to external effect, so that my signal passes through the lormones and return to the cubase and what cables I will use for balanced or unbalanced connections.

Hi,

Here it is described how to set it up.

yes i have seen these! when I want to make a hardware mono will I have to connect balanced cables?

Hi,

Read in your hardware devices manuals, if there are balanced connectors, please.

The manufacturer says that the inputs and outputs are balancedā€¦ Since there are 2 separate mono compressors in the external effects settings, should I do 2x mono/mono?

Hi,

Then use the balanced cables, please.

Do you want to use it as one stereo pair? Then add Stereo Bus in Cubase.

yes, thatā€™s how Iā€™ve done it, but itā€™s heard from one speaker and from the left itā€™s heard a littleā€¦ I canā€™t understand whatā€™s happeningā€¦ the settings are create a stereo bus and then send configurationā€”line out 3/4 apollo twin and return configurationā€“apollo input mic/line/ 1/2 channel correct so far?

Make sure input gain settings on the Apollo match for both channels.

1 Like

OK, Iā€™ve done themā€¦ Then I open an fx channel aux in cubase and then look for the external effect folder in the plugin search?

Ī£Ļ„Ī¬Ī»ĪøĪ·ĪŗĪµ Ī±Ļ€ĻŒ Ļ„Īæ Ī¤Ī±Ļ‡Ļ…Ī“ĻĪæĪ¼ĪµĪÆĪæ Yahoo ĻƒĪµ Android

You can if youā€™re looking to do parallel compression. Otherwise just add the external fx on an insert slot of you channel or group bus.

OK thanks for all

Ī£Ļ„Ī¬Ī»ĪøĪ·ĪŗĪµ Ī±Ļ€ĻŒ Ļ„Īæ Ī¤Ī±Ļ‡Ļ…Ī“ĻĪæĪ¼ĪµĪÆĪæ Yahoo ĻƒĪµ Android