External effects: Will this ever be fixed?

Hi,
I use quite a few external effects.
Cubase does not save the routing when I open a new project even though I have attempted to save the routing as part of a Template many times.
I use an aggregate device of My HDSPe Madi and and Eventide H9000.
I also have a ton of outboard effects that are routed digitally through a patch bay and my SSL Matrix into channels 16-32 of the HDSP and 16 channels of EFX coming from the H9000.
Cubase does not remember these routings except sometimes it remembers the ones going into my HDSPe. Sometimes.
This makes using external effects a huge pain in the ass as I have to reconnect the routings every time I open a new project.
WTF?
Is this something that will ever be addressed?
External effects works great when properly routed and makes a huge difference in the sound.
But when 2 AM rolls around and the choice is between using a plug in that is immediate or once again having to reroute the external effects, invariably out of laziness I use the plugin.
A little help please?

External Effects / Audio Connections have been talked about quite a bit, was hoping to see it improved myself in V11 but tis not the case.

Why Why Why can I not save my External FX Routing? - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

Steinberg, ‘External FX’ is - unreasonably - dysfunctional and uninspiring - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

And again…External Effects - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

CUBASE 11 - - THREE MOST NEEDED things - 1.) Audio Connections revamp. 2.) MultiTrack Freeze. 3.) MIDI, CC, Control - Cubase - Steinberg Forums

just to list a few

Anyways, your External FX should not be resetting/clearing every time you start a new project.

do this test for me just to be clear and reduce what is maybe going on.

1.) Start a completely new fresh empty project not based on a template.

2.)As a test, route a few of the external fx how you would want them (just do a few as a test)

3.) Save this project.

4.) Close this project and Cubase.

5.) Restart Cubase

6.) Again, start a completely new empty project

7.) Are the External FX you routed still there?

Same thing here … it’s so frustrating. I need to re-route everything every time I open a project or delete the connections one by one and add the favourites back in.

Still not fixed in Cubase 13.
This ist so frustrating and annoying.
Why is Steinberg ignoring this issue for years?

I don’t know if this is the right answer but I recently learned that you can save an external FX as “favorite”. So whenever you lose routing and you have the same setup you can call back the routing by adding those FXs back from those “favorites” and your routing would be back. Works for me at least.

External FX work as they should here ,apart from one slight issue … the whole system becomes sluggish and that’s with an i9 900k optimised for audio work

yes, same here. I’ve a feeling that an external effect HAS to be on a single core and no ASIO guard which has it’s repercussions as we can see.

M

Ahh , thanks for confirming Marcus

Ive just been digging deeper , once an external fx has been used and removed from a reack , the mixer stutters , if i go to connections and disconnect the Ext fx and reboot , the mixer works as it should with no stuttering , the more im digging into to this 13 the more it’s just a pile of poo . you can’t use the Ext Fx without the Mixer stuttering on an i9 ffs lol

Interesting, I have none of these issues here. I use external effects on every session without any issue. Windows 10, Cubase 13, I7 7700k