I am forced to use a Firewire Hub, so that all my firewire devices work with my single mac book firewire slot.
So i have two -Seagate- external harddrives that arent recognised via my firewire hub-
My question is:
- Does anyone know what are the issues?
- Does anybody know a external firewire drive that works with a hub ?
As a general rule drives do work through a fw hub, so I would check a few things -
- does anything work through that hub?
- does that hub require external power?
- are you trying to power a drive through the hub?
- or your particular drives do not work through a hub but that would be rare.
- could not check, if anything works, cause i just have 1 firewire device-> my seagate- (i have the UAD duo sattelite, but this will not at all work with a hub (see manual) so that this goes directly into my mac, then the hub into the 2nd firewire slot in the uad.
2.my hub has external power
3.dont know if i try to power…- it should work, because i feel and hear, that my external drive is going to work (the spinning or so inside), but it just wont recognise…
- seagate says it should work…but none of my two drives does…neither trhough a firewire or a usb hub.(i can choose if i ad the firewire or the usb adapter…)
so my general problem is:
using a firewire external drive and! a UAD Sattelite Duo with ONE Firewire slot on my MACbookPro
-ANYONE a solution for this particular problem?-
No that is not the case.
I have a MacBookPro and just 1 Fw SLot.
My Firewire external harddrives work perfectly,when connected directly to the fw-slot- but wont work at all when connected to the Fw/usb-hub.
So, is there maybe a different option than a fw-hub?
like a Firewire adapter for the Sd-Card slot or something like this?