External FX - Dual Mono

Define an External FX as type: Mono, Stereo and a new type called “Dual Mono”.
Dual Mono type allows to specify a Left and a Right mono routings for the same External FX name (same as done for the Stereo type).

• it is possible to associate the External FX name (insert) to a stereo track (same as Stereo).
  • it is possible associate the External FX name (insert) up to two simultaneous mono tracks for each project by specifying, for each instance, if this is the L or R routing (this is new).
  • If the External FX name has been associated to a stereo track, the SW shall remove the possibililty to specify again the same External FX name (either for mono routings or stereo routing)
  • If one of the two mono routings has been associated to a mono track, the SW shall remove the possibililty to specify again the same External FX name, with the already used mono routing, for another mono track and shall remove the possbility to associate the External FX name to a stereo track.
1 Like

+1

+1

Oh my god I had no idea Cubase doesn’t do this?!?! I know this is an old thread. I just got Cubase 12 because I like the workflow shown in the videos and love the control room feature.
How do you all deal with this? Make all your External Effects mono and instantiate 2 instances of dual monos for stereo tracks?

Holy cow this is crazy