External USB3.0 drive more quiet than internal Caviar Black!

I was going to use an internal Caviar Black 2TB instead of my WD external USB 3.0 drive to record Cubase projects but it seems the Caviar is louder than my external drive so now I’m reconsidering. Actually, it does seem like all my external drives are more quiet than anything internal. I didnt expect it would be this way… so having said that, am I better off continuing to record projects to the USB 3.0 drive or to switch everyting to internal, despite the louder noise?

And you can´t decide yourself, what you prefer? You might look into HD silencer kits though. Simple case of google…

Well the Back is a performance drive but I would have thought, considering the Fractal R3 case has rubber isolated drive mounts and sound deadening panels if your internal drive is making that much noise it may be in trouble!!!

Well the Back is a performance drive but I would have thought, considering the Fractal R3 case has rubber isolated drive mounts and sound deadening panels if your internal drive is making that much noise it may be in trouble!!!

i would like to mount my drives on rubber mounts , but thinking , mounted on metal, acts in dissipating the heat , as the 7200 rpm , makes the drive very hot , n rubber mounts would give way for some vibration , both both these , reducing the life of the drives?? could be ?? sm

Well, the R3 case mentioned has two large fans with filters blowing directly over the disk trays, I doubt the rubber mounts make any difference to the lifespan of the drives.