Extra Licence for laptop ?

Hi guys, is it possible to buy an extra Licence for cubase 8.5 pro? I have my original licence on an ILOK on my studio PC, however when travelling I would also like to use cubase on my laptop. I don’t want to have to take my ILOK where ever I go…too risky. Any body out there running Cubase on 2 machines? Cheers Darren

Your Cubase Pro license is stored on a Steinberg eLicenser, the iLok is a different dongle made by a horrible company and isn’t used by Cubase at all. Just a little heads up. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cubase Pro doesn’t work without an eLicenser, but you can purchase Cubase Elements, which doesn’t require a dongle at all. It’s missing many features and plugins from Cubase Pro but most people seem to be happy with it for composing/producing and recording while traveling. It can open Cubase Pro projects.

You can download the 30 trial for Elements here: http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/trial.html

Yes I agree ILOK is horrible, well I would need Cubase pro, just for the render in place…that is unless Elements now has that feature, which I dont think it does?

Render in place is included in CB Pro 8.5 & Artist 8.5. Not CB Elements 8.


Regards. :sunglasses: